Over 30 schools and school districts around Massachusetts are currently involved in a project to pilot the Seal of Biliteracy on the local level. The first awards were given in Spring 2016 to over 300 students in eight school districts, with more districts on track to make awards in 2017.
If your school or district is interested in piloting the Seal of Biliteracy, please:
- Contact us to let us know about your plans.
- Join the Seal of Biliteracy MA Google Group to connect with other educators involved in the pilot project.
- Frequently Asked Questions about the Massachusetts Seal of Biliteracy and Seal Implementation Process
- 2017 Seal of Biliteracy Toolkit – Revised Jan 2018 pdf version/doc version
This toolkit provides guidelines for local implementation of the Seal of Biliteracy. Developed by the Seal of Biliteracy working group, a group of Massachusetts educators from one-way immersion, two-way immersion, bilingual, English language development, and world language programs, it is intended to support District/School Leaders responsible for implementing Seal of Biliteracy pilot programs.
- Share information about this pilot with the Seal of Biliteracy Pilot Project Flier.
- National Guidelines for Implementing the Seal of Biliteracy (2015) from ACTFL, NABE, TESOL & NCSSFL, used to inform the development of our Toolkit.