The Language Opportunity Coalition was founded in 2014 to bring together diverse organizations in Massachusetts to increase language learning opportunities for learning English, native, heritage, and world languages, and to ensure that all learners have equal access to a high quality education and professional opportunities.
Nov 22, 2017: Governor Baker signed the LOOK Bill with the Seal of Biliteracy!
- NEW! Frequently Asked Questions about the Massachusetts Seal of Biliteracy and Seal Implementation Process
- Press Release: Nov 15 Coalition statement on passage in the legislature
- LOOK Act Summary: What’s in the new English learner education law?
- Seal of Biliteracy Toolkit – revised September 2017
- 2017-18 Seal of Biliteracy Pilot Project Update
- Establish a state Seal of Biliteracy
- Coordinate the Massachusetts Seal of Biliteracy Pilot Project.
- Improve educational choices for English language learners
- Support ESL, dual language, and world language education