The first Seal of Biliteracy Awards were presented in Massachusetts in the spring of 2016 by schools and school districts participating in the Seal of Biliteracy Pilot Project.
300+ Award Recipients
- 19 Platinum Seal of Biliteracy (Advanced-Low)
- 55 Gold Seal of Biliteracy (Intermediate-High)
- 208 Silver Seal of Biliteracy (Intermediate-Mid)
- 32 Biliteracy Attainment Award (Intermediate-Low)
8 School Districts
- Andover, Arlington, Boston, Falmouth, Framingham, Melrose, Wilmington, and Winchester, Massachusetts
11 Language Learning Programs
- Middle and high school World Language programs.
- Elementary and middle school Two-Way Immersion (TWI) and Transitional Bilingual Education (TBE) programs.
Data collected by the Language Opportunity Coalition.