This webinar gives an introduction of the national Seal of Biliteracy movement and an overview of the Massachusetts Seal of Biliteracy Pilot Project, including the updated resources and experience gained from the third year of the pilot. (Recorded Oct 10, 2017) Continue reading
Webinar: The Seal of Biliteracy in Massachusetts
Please join us for a complimentary Webinar on the Seal of Biliteracy Pilot implementation in Massachusetts (now in its third year). The webinar will discuss the creation of resources and supports for use by school districts, and an update on the legislative status of the state Seal of Biliteracy bill. The webinar is presented by MaFLA, MABE, MATSOL and the Language Opportunity Coalition.
The Seal of Biliteracy is a national movement to document and reward students for attaining biliteracy in two or more languages. Twenty seven states currently have enacted Seal of Biliteracy legislation and we hope MA will be next! Continue reading
Language and Human Rights
The Linguistics Society of America presents a webinar on Making the Connections Between Human Rights and Linguistics. Topics include:
- Advancing the Right to Benefit from Scientific Progress
- Assisting Linguists Whose Human Rights Have Been Violated
- Ensure the respect of the linguistic rights of all communities that speak local languages
- Ethical Linguistic Practices in the Context of Field Research
- Case Studies of Human Rights Advocacy in the Linguistic Sphere
- Work so that more speakers of local languages can have access to quality education in their native languages
- Jessica M Wyndham, Associate Director, Scientific Responsibility, Human Rights and Law Program, American Association for the Advancement of Science
- Michel DeGraff, Professor of Linguistics, Massachusetts Institute of Technology
Date and Time: March 20, 2015 at 12:00 – 1:00 pm ET
You must be logged in to post a comment.