June 4, 2018 — Four Massachusetts nonprofits and two nonprofit leaders today were cited as role models for the sector when they were named Nonprofit Excellence Award winners at a State House event in connection with Nonprofit Awareness Day, a 10-year-old statewide celebration of the contributions of Massachusetts nonprofits.
The Language Opportunity Coalition has released additional comments on the proposed LOOK Act regulations:
- Placement of Students in English Learner Programs 603 CMR 14.04
- Parent Advisory Councils 603 CMR 14.09
- Bilingual Education Endorsement 603 CMR 17.04
- Vocational Technical Education – SEI Teacher Endorsement
View the Coalition’s full public comment submission on the LOOK Act regulations, including our statement opposing the Seal of Biliteracy regulations.
Public comment is open until Friday, May 18!
See instructions for how to submit public comment on the regulations.
Resources for parents in English, Spanish, and Portuguese to give public comment on the LOOK Act, from the Department of Elementary and Secondary Education.
- English LOOK Act Fact Sheet for Parents
- Spanish LOOK Act Fact Sheet for Parents
- Portuguese LOOK Act FACT Sheet for Parents
- Memo from Acting Commissioner Jeff Wulfson: Proposed LOOK Act Regulations Mar_2018